19 Signs of Maturity
- Taking action when you don’t feel like it.
2. Listening when you’d rather talk.
3. Seeing beyond first-order consequences.
4. Valuing relationships over being right.
5. Doing the right thing when nobody is going to find out.
6. Knowing that your truth is just one side of the story.
7. Ability to disagree respectfully.
8. Showing humility, especially in the presence of people with lower status.
9. Showing interest in the other person rather than wanting to talk about yourself.
10. Finding joy in the success of others.
11. Always giving credit.
12. Not jumping to conclusions on a person or a situation.
13. Understanding that nothing is for certain.
14. Firm but flexible.
15. Patient but decisive.
16. Not seeking validations.
17. Working hard. Demanding little.
18. High capability. Low ambition.
19. What’s outside is congruent with what’s inside.
— — -
Hat tip to James Clear for the first two items.